8.10.2009

Julie & Julia

It really was so cute and I had the perfect cooking companion to see the movie with (Thanks JL:)

It did get me thinking that I don't really read my cookbooks. I will hunt the index sometimes or use specific ones for certain recipes that I already know about. Honestly, these days I bypass the books altogether and default to the web for searching. Even when I am actaully flipping pages of a book I tend to ignore any content unless its part of the recipie.

I think I may be missing out on some key techniques or pairings, not to mention what may come before or after the actual collection of recipies. I may have found some new nightime reading, though I am not sure what Carolina Husband is going to say when I bring my copy of "How to Cook Everything" (Mark Bittman) to bed with me.

Also for those of you who have seen the movie, I have a distinct hankering to cook Julia's Beef Bourguignon some time soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there -- just got your comment. I'm working on a post about that, but since you're in a hurry, I did mine similarly to this one: http://pinkwallpaper.blogspot.com/2009/04/making-upholstered-headboard.html

    ReplyDelete