7.23.2009

Limelight Hydrangea

I was flipping though my google reader yesterday and noticed Bless Our Nest's positive comments on her Limelight hygrandeas. I planted the Endless Summer variety last spring and have been very happy with them, but would love to add more hydrangeas to the yard. I quickly did a google image search for the plant and after this picture I think I have a plan on how to put them to use.
Image from blog.stargazerperennials.com
There are great reviews all over the web. Limelight seems easy to grow and most people have had no trouble getting prolific blooming. One of the nice things is that soil pH doesn't affect the bloom color as with most hydrangeas. From Holland, Limelight has bright chartreuse blooms from mid-summer into fall, so the color should fit into every yard. The blooms are throughout the shrub, making it a very nice plant, display from near and far and looks great as a stand alone shrub or planted together as a hedge.

Image from PWfourstart.com

I have a raised bed at the very bottom of our yard, against the fence, where these will be perfect as a back drop for the irises in the front. I should get blooms from the Limelight right after the irises peak. The massive display of the Limelight blooms should be pretty to look at from the top of the yard or as neighbors the are using the walking path past our fence.





No comments:

Post a Comment