6.12.2009

House Tour-The Bathrooms

I thought I would participate this week in Kelly's Tour of Homes--this week is bathrooms.
We have 2.5 bathrooms in the house and after three years only one has recieved a makeover. One has been painted but not much else and one looks the same as it did the day we moved in. Can you guess which is which?

We learned at closing that the sellers left a few decorative items in the house. Most of these items were in the bathrooms. What was left was really not my style (Bathroom B) and on the way to being outdated (Bathroom A). But it was nice to have a few rooms "done" before we even turned the key for the first time. I never would have thought that 2.5 and 3 years later we would not have touched either room.

There is most to say about Bathroom A, our downstairs half bath. Gold fixtures, the builder-grade decogon mirror, paint and wall decoration have now all been upgraded. No before pictures, sorry.

It was a gradual process, we found the light fixture first on major clearence at Lowe's. Major being about $11 compared to $80ish. The mirror change followed a few months later when I realized I already had a mirror stashed in a closet that would fit the space. The faucet was a quick upgrade as I was preping the house to host a baby shower last summer and the toliet paper and towel holders came a few months later after a trip to the Pottery Barn outlet. Finally, earlier this year I had a paint color inspiration and decided to finish it off.

It was truely gradual with no planning, initial inspration or goal. Each upgrade followed from the one before. So now the room looks like this:




Paint Color:Valspar Woodlawn Silver Brook (5001-1B) from Lowe's; Mirror: From Pier One purchased for my college apartment 7 years ago; Faucet: AquaSource Double Handle in Brushed Nickle from Lowe's; Face Plates: Brushed Silver from Lowe's; Toilet Paper and Towel Holder: Pottery Barn; Extra Toliet Paper Roll Holder: Glass Vase from Garden Ridge

This is the wall decoration over the toliet. It is the only thing on the walls, except for the white crown moulding at the top (thanks to the husband):


Wall Shelf: Wedding Present; Silver Frame and Picture: Garden Ridge Frame with Carolina husband's photography of NYC's Times Square; Vase: Salong Vase from Ikea.



Our other two bathrooms are on the list to do some work on. Tile for sure. Still tossing around ideas about what else to change and what direction to go, but I do know that the ducks and gold hardware will be gone.




Bathroom B-Our guest bathroom also left as is from the previous owners


Bathroom C-Our master bath. I love the paint color, but that's about it.

3 comments:

  1. These are really pretty bathrooms!! YOu did a great job and I love the colors that you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the calming colors in all of the bathrooms - pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above posts, I really like the calming colors and I love love love that mirror! Thanks for sharing! :)

    -Brooke

    ReplyDelete